The seamless connectivity among Apple devices is a great advantage for their users. You can view your iPhone content on your MacBook without deploying additional software or setup. For example, you can stream music on Apple Music from your iPhone to Mac or display a photo album on a Mac from your iOS device.
Screen-casting or screen-mirroring lets you stream your iPhone’s content on your MacBook. How to screen mirror iPhone to MacBook wirelessly? This query is very common if you are a beginner with Apple products.
You can only stream videos and other content from iPhone to MacBook with wireless screen mirroring. Just keep in mind that you can’t save them. However, let’s proceed with how you can screen mirror iPhone to MacBook without cable.
How to Screen Mirror iPhone to MacBook Wirelessly?
The screen mirroring feature is the option regarding how to screen mirror iPhone to MacBook wirelessly. It uses the AirPlay function to stream video and similar content from iOS to other compatible devices. Apart from Mac, you can use AirPlay on Apple TV and other smart TVs.
Before you start, connect your iPhone and MacBook to the same Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, the AirPlay function won’t work, and you can’t discover devices across the network. Now, you can continue with screen mirroring to MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, etc:
- Open the Control Centre on your iPhone.
- If it’s a newer iPhone with iOS 12 or a later version, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to bring up the Control Centre.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen if it’s an iPhone 8, iPhone SE, or any iPhone with iOS 11 or previous versions.
- Press the icon of Screen Mirroring. It looks like a screen overlapping another.
- Next, you can notice a list of devices compatible with screen mirroring. Choose the right MacBook from the list.
- An AirPlay passcode should appear on your MacBook’s screen. Provide the passcode on your iPhone to start the screencasting experience.
How to turn off screen mirroring on Mac? Simply navigate to the iPhone’s Control Centre and tap the Screen Mirroring icon. Tap on the Stop Mirroring option to put an end to the screencast. If you initiate a screencast from an iPhone to an Apple TV, press the Menu button from your TV remote control to stop mirroring.
Alternative Process of Screen Mirroring
Numerous applications offer the AirPlay or the screen mirroring feature with their in-built feature for iOS devices. For instance, you can stream Apple TV, Amazon Prime Video, NFL, Hulu, and more apps on your iPhone and then mirror them to your MacBook.
You can avoid using the Control Centre to initiate screencasting from your iPhone to Mac. Here’s what you need to do on AirPlay-supported apps if you want to learn how to screen mirror iPhone to MacBook wirelessly:
- Connect your MacBook to the same wireless network your iPhone has connected.
- Next, go to the app and the video you want to stream on your Mac from the iPhone.
- Now, tap on the video to activate its controls. Locate the AirPlay button on the app or the video. It resembles a screen with a triangle shape. If you can find the AirPlay icon, tap on the Share icon and select AirPlay.
- A list of AirPlay-compatible devices will pop up. Choose the right MacBook from the list.
- Your iPhone might ask for an AirPlay code to pair up the MacBook, and the code should appear on your MacBook. Enter the passcode on your iPhone’s specific field to start enjoying screen mirroring.
Tap on the AirPlay icon on the app of iPhone to stop the streaming and select your iPhone from the list.
How to Stream Photos on a Mac from Your iPhone?
Streaming images on a bigger screen is always convenient. Fortunately, you can display photos on a MacBook from your iPhone using the AirPlay feature. Here’s what you need to follow:
- Open the Photos application on your iPhone and explore the image you want.
- Next, tap on the Share icon.
- You might have to swipe up to select the AirPlay icon.
- Select your MacBook from the list as the streaming destination.
Now, it should work. Tap on the AirPlay icon again and tap the ‘Turn off AirPlay’ option to power off the playback.
Play Audio on Mac from iPhone
As you know how to screen mirror iPhone to MacBook wirelessly, you can also play audio on your Mac computer from an iOS device. You can open a music, podcast, or similar application on your iPhone and stream it to your MacBook.
- Open the audio or music app such as Apple Music, Spotify, etc., on your iPhone.
- Select a song, podcast, or any item to play.
- After that, tap on the AirDrop option.
- Select a playback destination or your MacBook, in this case.
Can’t You Stream Content from iPhone to Your Mac?
Screen mirroring, or AirPlay, is one of the newest additions to Apple connectivity. Your iPhone and MacBook need to be compatible with AirPlay, the wireless communication protocol by Apple. Otherwise, you can’t start screencasting from an iPhone to your Mac.
The compatibility check is the key to getting started with screen mirroring from iPhone to Mac wirelessly. Only some iPhones or Macs would support AirPlay. According to Apple, AirPlay is possible with a MacBook with macOS Monterey or later and an iPhone running on iOS 14 or higher iOS version.
So, if you have a MacBook from 2018 or later and an iPhone 7 or later, you can reap the benefits of wireless screen mirroring. Otherwise, you have to upgrade your MacBook or iPhone game accordingly.
Therefore, check out the compatibility requirements. Additionally, confirm whether your Apple products belong to the right group before you try wireless screen mirroring or AirPlay or AirDrop features. If your MacBook and iPhone support AirPlay, but you still can’t initiate screen mirroring, your Mac requires a little tune-up.
Steps to Set up a MacBook to Permit AirPlay or Screen Mirroring from an iPhone
How to screen mirror iPhone to MacBook wirelessly when the Mac isn’t ready? In that situation, you need to set up your MacBook. Check out what you need to take care of:
- Go to your Mac computer and follow any of the instructions accordingly:
- If it’s macOS 12.5 or any previous version, go to the Apple menu and choose System Preferences. Click on the Sharing option and enable the AirPlay Receiver.
- Discover the Apple menu on a MacBook with macOS Ventura and select System Settings. Next, select General from the sidebar and opt for AirPlay & Handoff. Turn on the option called AirPlay Receiver.
- Now, you can allow AirPlay for any of the following choices:
- Devices you are signed in with the same Apple ID
- Any devices on the same Wi-Fi network or Everyone
You can also create a password for AirPlay for more secure functioning. If you face an issue with the wireless screen mirroring, make sure that you select Everyone. This will allow your Mac to appear in any compatible AirPlay connection list.
How to Mirror iPhone to Mac with USB?
Apart from how to screen mirror iPhone to MacBook wirelessly, you can try this trick too. You need to use the built-in application called QuickTime on your Mac to make the USB streaming possible from your iPhone. You only need a Lightning-to-USB cable to connect your iPhone to a Mac and stream videos flawlessly.
Execute the following steps one by one to mirror your iPhone screen to your MacBook:
- Connect your MacBook to the intended iPhone with the Lightning USB cable.
- After that, navigate to the QuickTime application on your MacBook and open it.
- Next, click on the File option from the top menu bar on your Mac device.
- Select New Movie Recording from the pop-up menu.
- Afterwards, locate the arrow icon just next to the red Record button. Now, click the arrow icon.
- Choose the connected iPhone from the list of devices available to the MacBook.
Disconnect and reconnect your iPhone if you can’t find your iPhone under the list of available devices on your MacBook. Once successful, you should be able to see your iPhone fully mirrored on your MacBook. However, the screen mirroring will be in the shape of your iPhone.
Book a Service from Macbook Repair India for Emergencies
Screen mirroring, AirPlay, or AirDrop features might need to be clarified for beginners. Are you still hustling with how to screen mirror iPhone to MacBook wirelessly? Macbook Repair India can help you resolve that with its intuitive and high-quality services.
Therefore, contact their MacBook-certified and experienced technicians to get rid of Mac issues quickly. They offer sustainable, genuine, and satisfactory results at a minimal cost.